This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error with ASG on VMware Vsphere with Hot-Standby

hello,

i have two hp with vmware vsphere 4.

every server has 4 nics. the ha nic is connected from server to server with a normal cable.

i installed asg on both machines with 7.504

when i try to create a active/passive both asg are online.

when i shutdown the master, the slave wont take over, and the master starts up, but after a few minutes the asg shuts down.

under status the asg master that was shutdown is dead.

anyone ideas?

regards,
sebastian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FYI, I found a solution, at least for my issue. According to what "da_merlin" says here ->
    https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/102/t/69305 on first reboot of a node in a cluster setup if it detects gigabit ethernet it will set the MTU for the HA/cluster interface (eth2) to 2000. Which is incompatable with the virtualized e1000 driver you are using if using the vmware linux 32bit vm template. His solution is to fire both vms up and run "cc set ha advanced mtu 1500" on the cmd line on each. I was able to do that although had to be quick on the second wonky node as it wanted to reboot right away since things are messed. Once I ran that command on both units the cluster came back up properly and is now working 100%
  • His solution is to fire both vms up and run "cc set ha advanced mtu 1500" on the cmd line on each.

It worked like a charm ! My 8.000 HA installation on ESX 4.1 is up, running and stable.

Thanks for your hint
  • His solution is to fire both vms up and run "cc set ha advanced mtu 1500" on the cmd line on each.

It worked like a charm ! My 8.000 HA installation on ESX 4.1 is up, running and stable.

Thanks for your hint
Children
No Data