This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error with ASG on VMware Vsphere with Hot-Standby

hello,

i have two hp with vmware vsphere 4.

every server has 4 nics. the ha nic is connected from server to server with a normal cable.

i installed asg on both machines with 7.504

when i try to create a active/passive both asg are online.

when i shutdown the master, the slave wont take over, and the master starts up, but after a few minutes the asg shuts down.

under status the asg master that was shutdown is dead.

anyone ideas?

regards,
sebastian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I am also seeing this problem with two ASG vms in cluster mode, each on a separate phsyical VM node in a vmware cluster. I can setup the ASG cluster OK, and the initial sync works fine (so I am sure networking is OK). But when I restart the second node all I see in the primary node log is:

2010:04:23-13:46:53 astaro1-1 ha_daemon[3551]: id="38A0" severity="info" sys="System" sub="ha" name="Access granted to remote node 2!"

I see its status in the system status, but it does not show in "Status" tab, and the cluster node number never goes up to 2 like it should. It seems after rebooting a working cluster it breaks.

UPDATE, after a while the second cluster node just powers itself down.
  • I am also seeing this problem with two ASG vms in cluster mode, each on a separate phsyical VM node in a vmware cluster. I can setup the ASG cluster OK, and the initial sync works fine (so I am sure networking is OK). But when I restart the second node all I see in the primary node log is:

2010:04:23-13:46:53 astaro1-1 ha_daemon[3551]: id="38A0" severity="info" sys="System" sub="ha" name="Access granted to remote node 2!"

I see its status in the system status, but it does not show in "Status" tab, and the cluster node number never goes up to 2 like it should. It seems after rebooting a working cluster it breaks.

UPDATE, after a while the second cluster node just powers itself down.
Children
No Data