This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

V6.300 Update ISP blocks everything

Hi all,
I just update to V6.300 and i can't connect to the internet anymore. When I disable IPS I can enter the internet. What's causing this problem with IPS. It should be faster but it blocks ALL traffic [:(]  V6.203 worked just fine.... Can someone help me please?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Conclusion - IPS problem:

Webadmin >> Intrusion Protection >> Advanced >> HTTP Service. If a portRANGE is configured the problem will occure. Problem is: IPS takes a high amount of CPU for 1-3 Minutes. Also it uses a lot of memory. Then it returns to normal operation. Anyway high memory usage will stay.

Workaround: Do not use a port range. Use single ports.
Children
  • Hi Timo Steinbach,

Well the workaround is correct. 
    However your assessment on the time is wrong. It does not lower CPU after 1-3 min, Applied my 6.300 when i went from work the other day and when I arrived at my house 10-15min later the load was around 3-4 and no surfing was possible. On a P4 1.7Ghz with 768MB ram i dont se that it would take that long unless it's a endless loop or bug.

The memory im not to conserned about but when it uses all CPU and freezes everything i tend to care more. [;)]