This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why are my Ethernet cards not identified?

While the Astaro install program correctly identified my three Ethernet cards as two 3C905 and one Realtek, the running ASL v4.020 system shows all three Ethernet circuits as [unknown vendor / unknown chipset] . Why is that?

Since I could only tell the three Ethernet circuits apart by their IRQ numbers, I ended up rerunning the entire ASL v4 installation, just to find out which IRQ was used by the Realtek Ethernet circuit on the PC motherboard, since that was the one I wished to use for the external network.

I am puzzled by the fact that the software installer program can correctly identify the various Ethernet cards, but the running ASL system cannot. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I, too, have this same problem.  Where the install detects the cards properly, but the GUI does not.  It sees one card correctly, and the other 2 it does not.  Tester, will your fix fix my problem too maybe?  
  • I, too, have this same problem.  Where the install detects the cards properly, but the GUI does not.  It sees one card correctly, and the other 2 it does not.  Tester, will your fix fix my problem too maybe?  
Children
No Data