This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Up2Date not finding Latest Up2date Packages. Can Manually Install them from download and upload

I am currently on a software license Home UTM version 9.709-3.  For the last 2 Up2Date upgrades I have not been able to download the packages through the web interface.  Downloading them from the website and uploading manually works and allows the upgrade to run.  Checking manually through GUI shows successfull authentication but does not show the available updates.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • It's been a problem for quite some time with UTMs, including my own.  My only fix was to reload my UTM from scratch and it would automatically update again.

You can try setting it to Manual, apply it, then setting it back to look for updates for (X) minutes and it might work, but it never did for me.  Updating manually is still fine until you get sick of it like I did and reload it.

Edit:  There was once a command in SSH to do it before, but I don't know if it works. sudo /sbin/auisys.plx -rpmargs -force

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• Amodin,

Thanks for the response!  Did you do a factory reset, then restore your config, or did you have to do a full wipe and reload of the OS before restoring the config?  Clarification, Even in manual mode, I am not able to find the updates.  I have to go to the website, download the update and import it into the UTM to then run it.

I ran the suggested command in verbose mode and got the following output.  I would relay prefer not to have to reload the entire system if I dont have to.  There has to be a way to figure out the issue!! If its as common as you suggest and I have seen on the community, you would think the TAC would have a solution....

portal:/sbin # auisys.plx -rpmargs -force --verbose
    'verbose' mode implicits set noqueue option!
    no HA system or cluster node
    waiting for db_verify to return (30 seconds max)
    removing '/var/up2date/appctrl43-install'
    removed directory: `/var/up2date/appctrl43-install'
    removing '/var/up2date/aptp-install'
    removed directory: `/var/up2date/aptp-install'
    removing '/var/up2date/avira4-install'
    removed directory: `/var/up2date/avira4-install'
    removing '/var/up2date/aws-install'
    removed directory: `/var/up2date/aws-install'
    removing '/var/up2date/cadata-install'
    removed directory: `/var/up2date/cadata-install'
    removing '/var/up2date/geoip-install'
    removed directory: `/var/up2date/geoip-install'
    removing '/var/up2date/geoipxtipv6-install'
    removed directory: `/var/up2date/geoipxtipv6-install'
    removing '/var/up2date/ipsbundle2-install'
    removed directory: `/var/up2date/ipsbundle2-install'
    removing '/var/up2date/man9-install'
    removed directory: `/var/up2date/man9-install'
    removing '/var/up2date/ohelp9-install'
    removed directory: `/var/up2date/ohelp9-install'
    removing '/var/up2date/sys-install'
    removed directory: `/var/up2date/sys-install'
    Starting Up2Date Package Installer
    No suitable packages of type <man9> found, skipping
    No suitable packages of type <aws> found, skipping
    No suitable packages of type <avira4> found, skipping
    No suitable packages of type <appctrl43> found, skipping
    No suitable packages of type <ohelp9> found, skipping
    No suitable packages of type <geoipxtipv6> found, skipping
    No suitable packages of type <aptp> found, skipping
    No suitable packages of type <cadata> found, skipping
    No suitable packages of type <sys> found, skipping
    No suitable packages of type <geoip> found, skipping
    No suitable packages of type <ipsbundle2> found, skipping
    Up2Date Package Installer finished, exiting

• I didn't bother with a restore from backup, I just did a reinstall and started from scratch (yeah, I guess I'm a masochist, lol), and I've only had to do that maybe three times? in Version 9. It's a common issue, but I don't know why it happens.

If you are using Up2Date, the rollout may not find your UTM 'ready' by whatever algorithm it's using to push out, as they phase the rollout to UTMs over time, and that's where I have had to just go manually update it by downloading the file myself (which is perfectly fine to do too).

It acts like old Windows versions did, and update after update after update, it just didn't want to update anymore. I've not ever opened a support ticket because I frankly can't (home user only now) but I know I'm not the only one here who has experienced that.

I'm pretty sure if you just reinstalled and restored from the latest backup, you would be fine and it would grab updates again.  Just remember, if you are looking for it to get 9.710, it will be rolled out in phases, and you may not see it for a while.  You can either wait, or go get it manually (which I would recommend just for the CVE updates alone).

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)