one of our nodes in a HA cluster failed. The cluster is/was running on firmware 9.706-9.
Found this KB Article regarding the replacement: https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000035374?language=en_US
This describes what I need to do:
5. Restoring HA after receiving an RMA'd device.
- From the primary node, remove the failed node by selecting remove node.
- Ensure that the primary node’s configuration has the appliance selected as the preferred primary.
- On the auxiliary node to be added Eth3 should be already configured for Automatic Configuration. If not then you may want to do a factory reset and then follow the steps below:
- Access the appliance, configure the HA operation mode for Automatic Configuration.
- Connect the appropriate cables to match the primary configuration along with the interface to act as the HA link.
Syncing should now begin with the connected appliances.
Isn't it necesarry to put the same firmware on the replaced firewall first?
Besides doing a backup is there anything not described that needs to be taken care of? For example regarding licensing ...
As far as I can see there will be no switch during the process. Is that right (would probably kick out a lot of remote users which I want to prevent; failover test will be done during a time when there is much less traffic).
This thread was automatically locked due to age.