This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Network Interfaces lower than minimum required

Hello,

Very basic question here that I've been unable to get to the bottom of. I have an Intel-based Dell XPS tower (XPS 8930) with a built-in NIC. I purchased a second NIC. I downloaded the ISO free trial (SW-18.0.5_MR-5-586.iso), put it on a thumbdrive and ran the install, but after installation, it doesn't detect either of my NICs and goes into failsafe mode, with the reason being "Network Interfaces lower than minimum required". I CANNOT find any information on the required hardware.

This page doesn't help me, and I find it strange the title is Installing on Windows when you're just wiping out the entire installation / OS when booting to the thumb drive and installing. The title should be "how to download and flash the ISO image on a thumbdrive using Windows" (https://docs.sophos.com/nsg/sophos-firewall/18.0/Help/en-us/webhelp/virtual-software-appliance/nsg/sfos/tasks/vs_SoftAppInstallationWindows.html)

Am I missing something? All the documentation I'm finding is very old, and when I do find something, it already assumes you've installed the ISO onto your hardware and jumps right in to configuring the firewall with the GUI.

Intel Core i7-8700 @ 3.20 GHz
16 GB RAM

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Well, for one thing it seems to me that you’re posting to wrong forum, or that you’re following the wrong instructions.

This forum is for UTM, whereas the instructions you link to are for XG. Which product are you attempting to install?

• Well, for one thing it seems to me that you’re posting to wrong forum, or that you’re following the wrong instructions.

This forum is for UTM, whereas the instructions you link to are for XG. Which product are you attempting to install?

Children