This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dell R240 - Install

Has anyone install UTM Software on a Dell R240?

Can't seem to get past 3.6sec of boot during pci setup.

Using asg-9.705-3 iso.

I'm an old school server guy and this thing has got all this enterprise management who-ha and graphic bios setup.  Lifecycle Controller... really!? (but I digress)

I can boot proxmox install iso,  Ubuntu 20.04 install iso, but UTM iso hangs while setuping up the pci.  Same result when I try to install from usb stick or burned DVD.

Not sure where to start.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • It's brand new and I just assumed Dell would have the most up to date installed.  I explicitly checked each: bios, backplane, raid controller... They're all latest.

Thanks

• I think the issue is that line in your screenshot that has the [Firmware Bug] in it.  If I remember correctly (been a while) that's Linux warning you that the BIOS is doing something its not supposed to be doing.  You might have to do some configuration in the BIOS to get this to work.  It sucks I know, but you might have to get Dell support involved at some point (I hate talking to them).

Did you try loading XG as well to see if that throws out the same error?

Only other thing I can think of is the hardware not being supported if you can't get anything changed in the BIOS to make it work.  I use SuperMicro for my UTM or just custom built servers in the past, and steered away from Dell in recent years.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)