This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No VGA output with UTM 425 Rev. 5

Hi,

I've got a working UTM 425, but a problem with the VGA output, it stays blank and Monitor turns into Standby mode.

I can connect to the serial console and getting all redirected output, e.g. BIOS or SFOS installer.

Is anyone familiar with this phenomena and could kindly point me into a direction to make it work?

Best regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo and welcome to the UTM Community!

I don't recall anyone else having that problem here.  Have you tried replacing the VGA cable or a different monitor?

I'm confused by your comment about SFOS - are you installing XG software on this appliance?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi and thanks for your answer!

Well, of course I I tried a couple of things as long as searching the Internet before asking here.

I already tried to replace the internal VGA connector by one from an SG 135 but it didn't work either.

To your confusion, as said, I am using the Serial Console Cable (RS232), which is still a common way to connect to the terminal of a device, e.g. Switches, Servers and also Firewalls.
    Using this cable I am able to get output of the redirected Screen, e.g. triggering with the Bios and operate the installer, but this is limited to text output only...

• Hi and thanks for your answer!

Well, of course I I tried a couple of things as long as searching the Internet before asking here.

I already tried to replace the internal VGA connector by one from an SG 135 but it didn't work either.

To your confusion, as said, I am using the Serial Console Cable (RS232), which is still a common way to connect to the terminal of a device, e.g. Switches, Servers and also Firewalls.
    Using this cable I am able to get output of the redirected Screen, e.g. triggering with the Bios and operate the installer, but this is limited to text output only...

Children
No Data