This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Installing Drivers After Initial UTM Installation

We have 2 HP ProLiant DL360 Gen 7 servers running Sophos UTM 9 and have recently switched ISP providers. We are moving from a copper handoff to fiber, so I installed Mellanox ConnectX-2 EN SFP+ cards in them. While going through the process of trying to get drivers and install them I've found several references stating that drivers cannot be installed after the initial base install of UTM 9. Is this true? Is it possible to backup my current config, do a fresh install with the proper drivers and then restore the backup with the new drivers present? Any input would be appreciated, thank you!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi and welcome to the UTM Community!

First, I would ask your reseller to confirm with Sophos that the Mellanox cards are supported.  If they are, then "Yes," you would need to get config backups from WebAdmin and re-image from ISO.  Only the drivers that are needed are loaded during installation - UTM Linux is not plug-n-play.

Note that the order of your NICs may change with the addition of new NICs.

If you really want to use the Mellanox cards, your only solution may be to go virtual in the ProLiants.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA