This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

First Attempt Installing on Hyper-V Manager

I am attempting to install the latest version of UTM 9 on a Windows 10 machine using Hyper-V Manager to practice configuration. I do not want to make changes to our production hardware at the current moment. After installing and the UTM is running, I attempt to connect to webadmin from the host on port 4444 for the first time and receive the "This site cannot be reached" "took too long to respond" error. I feel like I'm making a simple mistake. I've configured 2 network adapter, one for internal and one for external and I believe I selected the right one during installation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • You don't give away too much information, so a little bit of guessing from my side.

What kind of virtual switch(es) did you use to connect both of the NICs (Private, Internal or External)?

Suppose you did use the correct IP-address? It's shown in the console IIRC.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• The Internal switch was configured for Internal Network. The external switch is configured for external network and it is allowed to share network adapter with management OS. No other changes were made to the default settings of the switches. 

Internal IP 192.168.2.100:4444 is shown in console IIRC and used in the host web browser. 

• Your internal switch will most likely also create an additional network adapter on your physical Win10 machine. The name of this network interface will be the same as the name of your internal switch (like vEthernet (Default Switch if Default Switch is the name of your internal switch).

Make sure this network card on your physical Win10 machine is also in the 192.168.2.0/24 range.

On my computer it constantly changes back to 172.26.x.0/20 so in my PC I would need to change the IP-address of this adapter to something like 192.168.2.10 before I could reach 192.168.2.100:4444

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

Reply Children
No Data