This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM9 is ip logging per interface possible?

Hi,

a customer of ours has a Sophos UTM9. There are two uplinks, both are up/up. One is rather considered a backup.

Is there any way, to see which client uses which interface (in and out)?

Thanks in advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo Kay and welcome to the UTM Community!

The UTM is a stateful firewall.  The connection tracker will route responses back to the requester before any rules are considered - see #2 in Rulz (last updated 2021-02-16).  After that, you could select to have firewall (both manual and automatically-created) rules logged.  Maybe you don't need to go to all that effort.  What is the issue that caused you to think of this approach?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob, thank you for your fast reply. The Situation is as follows: One Firewall with two uplinks (one slow, one fast) is serving two companies, that are somehow connected. They are using the slow interface for everything, and the fast one for their VoIP. One of the companies wasn`t (surprise, surprise) not happy with their IT-Service anymore, so they came to us, and we try to Tidy up this mess. We have to figure out, which line is used by whom and what, before we configure anything to be routed via the fast line.

I hope i could you can make something out of my writing. Slight smile

Cheers, Kay

• Please insert a picture of the active rules on the 'Multipath Rules' tab in 'Interfaces & Routing'.  Also, one of the 'Default Web Filter Profile' on the 'Global' tab in 'Web Filtering'.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA