This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IKEv2 on SG series

Hi to all,

Is there any progress about IKEV2 support on SG series.

I can see that other frustrated users are asking the same thing years ago.

@sophos is there any roadmap on 9.6 or we will start looking for a new firewall?

BR

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Geia sou and welcome to the UTM Community!

This would be a good question for Sophos Sales, and many of us would be glad to hear the answer.

The roadmap for 9.6 indicates improvements in the VPN, but we haven't seen any specifics.  I'm personally hoping that they will substitute the new StrongSWAN Charon module for Pluto and that would bring IKEv2 with it.  They've had enough trouble with 9.5, that I can understand that they'll be releasing 9.6 later than anticipated - since the problems were not with VPNs, they may have gotten more time to enable a relatively bug-free 9.600 release.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Geia sou and welcome to the UTM Community!

This would be a good question for Sophos Sales, and many of us would be glad to hear the answer.

The roadmap for 9.6 indicates improvements in the VPN, but we haven't seen any specifics.  I'm personally hoping that they will substitute the new StrongSWAN Charon module for Pluto and that would bring IKEv2 with it.  They've had enough trouble with 9.5, that I can understand that they'll be releasing 9.6 later than anticipated - since the problems were not with VPNs, they may have gotten more time to enable a relatively bug-free 9.600 release.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • I did a community search for "IKEv2" and the first search result was:

• a request for IKEv2 functionality from 10 years ago.
  • The underlying technology, StrongSWAN, only changed to Charon six years ago.  Shortly after Sophos acquired Astaro, the VPN genius left to work at a new company run by the original founders of Astaro.  I suspect it's only now that enough knowledge has been added as XG already uses Charon.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA