This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Migrate to XG thoughts?

Hi, I've been a UTM8-9 user for years and love it. I just purchased an XG210 for a remote office and it came pre-loaded with the XG OS.

I have not played around with the XG OS at all, now that XG is a few years old, is it finally mature enough and "worth" (Added performance, security features, etc) migrating to, or just stick to UTM and save the hassle of learning a new OS? 

Just curious on users thoughts who have played around with both. Thanks for the input :)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Whoa!  The license that came with that probably won't work for UTM.  Check with your reseller and Sophos and let us know what you learn.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Whoa!  The license that came with that probably won't work for UTM.  Check with your reseller and Sophos and let us know what you learn.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • Yeah, I was told that Sophos is allowing downgrades to the UTM license. Will need to see, if not I have some phone calls to make. 

• After playing around with it I really like the XG OS. It is very fast and clean and has a lot of nice features that I have been looking for in the UTM. Unfortunately, I need to quickly replace a UTM at a remote location, and I'm worried about interrupting work to migrate (issue new VPN keys, migrate certificates, troubleshoot problems). so because of time restraints, I had to call for a downgrade. 

Once they get their migration tool for an easy conversion that will move over Objects and certificates ill switch.