This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't access UTM behind another UTM

Scenario: Our shop has an SG115 with all ports used, Eth0: Office LAN (192.168.0.X), Eth1: External, Eth2: Shop LAN (192.168.10.X), Eth3: Test LAN (192.168.20.X)

We received 5 brand new UTM devices for a customer's sites and are doing some pre-configuration in house before we take them all out. 1 SG210 and 4 SG125's. We have all 5 units behind Test LAN with addresses from 192.168.20.2-6.

The problem is with 192.168.20.3, you can't connect to it from the Office LAN, not pingable, can't get to the GUI but all other devices are reachable and working fine. I've tested it from the Shop LAN and it can see it. I've tested it from an SSLVPN remote connection using 192.168.5.X and it's reachable. 

A computer behind the problem device can open the GUI up no problem, it can also open it up when plugged parallel to the device with a 20 address. I've changed external NICs on the device, I've changed external IPs, rebooted the device along with our main shop device.

I'm at a loss because there's other exact model devices on the same subnet that have no problem with the exact same configuration. Traffic to 192.168.20.3 is not making it through the shop device but no events show up dropped in the firewall log.

Any ideas of attack?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • What is configured under Managment -> Webadmin settings -> General under Allowed networks with all of the new devices?

Is your SG115 allowing traffic on port 4444 from it's Office LAN to it's Test LAN?

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• What is configured under Managment -> Webadmin settings -> General under Allowed networks with all of the new devices?

Is your SG115 allowing traffic on port 4444 from it's Office LAN to it's Test LAN?

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

Children
No Data