This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How's UTM 9.5 so far?

Hey everyone! please feel free to share your experience and insights in the new release firmware of Sophos, base on your testing/s, deployment, etc

Appreciate it a lot. 

Regards,

Rap

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Already tried with firewall profile basic and monitor mode and always the same problem sites do not load and the log returns that message

httpd[20152]: [form_hardening:error] [pid 20152:tid 3869256560] [client 89.248.160.233:41796] Form validation failed: Received unhardened form data

• but in 9.4 you did not encounter this kind of error? only after the upgrade?

• Is correct after updating all my sites can not be accessed

• weird that some users did not encounter any issues in WAF and some encountered. like  up there in the thread, using WAF did not encounter any issues.

• Is that related to the new SMB2 support?

Has anyone confirmed it does in fact use SMB2+ now?

• Sophos did some changes on the MIME-Type recognition Module in 9.5 without mentioning this in the release notes or somewhere else.

We notified this in the Email Protection where there can certain MIME Types be blocked or allowed. We are using this option to block all macro-containing MIME Types from Office. Since Upgrade, this doesn't work anymore because Sophos did change the way how to determine MIME Types of Files... They said id should be an improvement, but so far UTM is no longer able to differ between Office Documents containing Macros and Office Documents not containing macros.

I did not try so far whether this change impacts also the Webfilter or Sandbox, where MIME Type Recognition is used as well...

Please send me Spam gueselkuebel@sg-utm.also-solutions.ch

• Random issues - our SSL VPN config (ovpn) files for using with Tunnelblick on Macs no longer import into Tunnelblick.  It seems that due to us having an apostrophe in our organisation's name that the Tunnelblick won't import.  Remove the apostrophe on one specific line and it's fine (it's in the file in a few other places without issue).

The ovpn file works fine with OpenVPN works fine on Windows.

NFI, have logged a support ticket

• Are you sure, this is an Issue of Sophos and not an Issue of Tunnelblick? Maybe sophos has changed the Encoding for these *.ovpn Files, which is not accepted by Tunnelblick?

Please send me Spam gueselkuebel@sg-utm.also-solutions.ch

• I have left all of ours on 9.413, as any release after that seems to have some sort of SSO / authentication issues that would cause us major problems.  I believe Sophos are still working on this. 

Thanks, Duncan

• One of my customers has the same problem with the MIME-Types.  He is blocking all MIME-Types by default (*) and then whitelists a select few (pdf, documents). This worked like a charm up until he updated to 9.414-2. Now normal E-Mails get classified as all types of random scripting languages, such as "text/x-php" or "text/x-python". We then updated to 9.502 but still the same problem.

I have opened a ticket but am still waiting for a way to fix this.