This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How's UTM 9.5 so far?

Hey everyone! please feel free to share your experience and insights in the new release firmware of Sophos, base on your testing/s, deployment, etc

Appreciate it a lot. 

Regards,

Rap

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • In addition to the authentication issue, we experienced excessive network traffic on the LAN interface on 2 of our UTMs. Reported the issue Sophos but already did a rollback to 9.414.

• Unknown said:

One of my customers has the same problem with the MIME-Types.  He is blocking all MIME-Types by default (*) and then whitelists a select few (pdf, documents). This worked like a charm up until he updated to 9.414-2. Now normal E-Mails get classified as all types of random scripting languages, such as "text/x-php" or "text/x-python". We then updated to 9.502 but still the same problem.

I have opened a ticket but am still waiting for a way to fix this.

The only solution is to temporary allow all MIME Types. Even Sophos Firstlevel Support wasn't informed about this change. Sophos Development says this is not a Bug, it's an Improvement... Whatever...

I am still waiting for a response from Sophos on how the behaviour of UTM changed and how I have to change my configuration for getting this work again.

So far, they only said that the File under /var/storage/chroot-smtp/etc/tft.ini is somehow releated to this Issue... I couldn't find out in which relation...

Please send me Spam gueselkuebel@sg-utm.also-solutions.ch

• at home i have updated to latest 9.5x release.. no problem at all. (but no exchange server or ad-membership at home)...

at work the sg330 cluster is still at 9.413-4 and will stay there until current problems are fixed...

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

• JonRhoades said:

Random issues - our SSL VPN config (ovpn) files for using with Tunnelblick on Macs no longer import into Tunnelblick.  It seems that due to us having an apostrophe in our organisation's name that the Tunnelblick won't import.  Remove the apostrophe on one specific line and it's fine (it's in the file in a few other places without issue).

The ovpn file works fine with OpenVPN works fine on Windows.

NFI, have logged a support ticket

I have the same problem, someone has solved it?

• Our experience across 5 UTMs? Its pretty unstable. We see random issues across them, such as SSO suddenly failing, and requiring a drop from the Active Directory domain and rejoin. Or the admin interface won't let me log in half a dozen times then its fine etc...

Not as stable as 9.4 that's for sure.

• After extensive back and forth with tech support... Apparently the developers washed their hands of the issue and said whilst they provided ovpn files, they only really supported the official Sophos (PC only) VPN client.  We have to manually edit the file every time we setup a new Mac.  Not impressed.

• JonRhoades said:

After extensive back and forth with tech support... Apparently the developers washed their hands of the issue and said whilst they provided ovpn files, they only really supported the official Sophos (PC only) VPN client.  We have to manually edit the file every time we setup a new Mac.  Not impressed.

HI Jon, but if you edit the file, can you connect correctly? I've try to modify it but i was not lucky..

• IPv6 not fixed.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.1 MR-1 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Does anybody know what was changed in MIME Type Recognition in 9.506? According Release Notes, there is a bug fixed:

• NUTM-8645 [Email] MIME Type Detection 9.5

As I allready mentioned earlier in this thread, with 9.5 Sophos Changed the way of MIME Type Recognition in Email Proxy what caused problems in some cases. It would be interessting to know whether they changed back this to the old 9.4-known behaviour.

Please send me Spam gueselkuebel@sg-utm.also-solutions.ch