This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How's UTM 9.5 so far?

Hey everyone! please feel free to share your experience and insights in the new release firmware of Sophos, base on your testing/s, deployment, etc

Appreciate it a lot. 

Regards,

Rap

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I've recommended that all of my clients stay on 9.413 at present.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, 

is the firmware still unstable?, have you encountered major issues in the upgrade?

• We've not encountered any issues with what we use on it apart from the authentication issue which is easily fixed by rejoining AD.

Other than that, it seems to work. We're using ipsec, web, mail, WAF, sandstorm etc and its been fine.

• I Up2Dated our lab to 9.502 on 12 July and was immediately unable to login to WebAdmin with either my personal account or as admin.  I even tried changing to simpleone as the password for admin at the command line (cc passwd simpleone), but still could not access.

I enabled Support Access at the command line (cc set support_access status 1), waited a few minutes and then retrieved the Access ID (cc get support_access|grep id).

The Support Case was opened the same day and I expect this case to get sent to the developers today.

Since I know enough about using the command line, I can work around the problem for now.  This would not be the case for any of my clients.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I Up2Dated our lab to 9.502 on 12 July and was immediately unable to login to WebAdmin with either my personal account or as admin.  I even tried changing to simpleone as the password for admin at the command line (cc passwd simpleone), but still could not access.

I enabled Support Access at the command line (cc set support_access status 1), waited a few minutes and then retrieved the Access ID (cc get support_access|grep id).

The Support Case was opened the same day and I expect this case to get sent to the developers today.

Since I know enough about using the command line, I can work around the problem for now.  This would not be the case for any of my clients.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data