This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help: Set-up Remote access SSL VPN

Can you please help me, setting up my remote access ssl vpn.

Above is my current set-up

But i still get error, see below error logs

What configuration am I missing? Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • change interface address to "Any" and clear Override hostname.  Just curious show us your profile settings

• unable to use any. since it is already used on our exchange server.

see above profile setting.

• You were getting a TLS error, which means the initial handshake is failing.

1) sha1 is deprecated as insufficiently secure.   Change to sha2.

2) aes128 is weak.  Change to aes256.

It may be that your client is configured to only accept the new protocols, while your utm is only offering old ones.

Does your utm have its own ca-issued identity certificate?   Is that name in the override hosts file?   Is that name in dns or in the client hosts file?   Have you updated the client to ensure that the utm name stored on the client pc matchhes the certificate name?

The product works.  You will get there.

• Hi, Jay-ar, and welcome to the UTM Community!

You're just getting started, so you can go back now and start over paying attention to The Zeroeth Rule in Rulz.

If you have only a single public IP, I would change from TCP 443 to UDP 1443 - that will accelerate your connection and avoid conflict with other uses for HTTPS.  I would use 'Automatic firewall rules' and allow the SSL VPN service to listen on "Any" interface.

Cheers - Bob
    PS Doug, you said, "2) aes128 is weak.  Change to aes256."  I think there's a vulnerability in AES256 that AES128 doesn't have, so I prefer AES128.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, Jay-ar, and welcome to the UTM Community!

You're just getting started, so you can go back now and start over paying attention to The Zeroeth Rule in Rulz.

If you have only a single public IP, I would change from TCP 443 to UDP 1443 - that will accelerate your connection and avoid conflict with other uses for HTTPS.  I would use 'Automatic firewall rules' and allow the SSL VPN service to listen on "Any" interface.

Cheers - Bob
    PS Doug, you said, "2) aes128 is weak.  Change to aes256."  I think there's a vulnerability in AES256 that AES128 doesn't have, so I prefer AES128.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data