This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

After Update to 9.410-6 I get core dumps of cssd

Hi,

installed yesterday 9.410-6 Firmware on my Home Firewall Zotac Zbox CI323

Since midnight I got every hour a core dump of cssd, filling up my data disk.

I deleted the dumps and restarted, it seems to be OK now.

Could it be that it was a matter of malformed Up2date files?

UPDATE:
cssd is still crashing from time to time.

UPDATE2:
Seems there were some big AV-malware-names-* files left over in /tmp which prevented to install newer version.
I cleaned up /tmp and wait if its stable again.

UPDATE3:
After a couple of days it happens again. cssd has a bug. I use now the workaround: Disable Dual Scan for SMTP, and use only Avira-Engine.

BR
Mundl

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Sophos, please revoke the current firmware update, several of our customers are experiencing this issue. We have to emtpy the temp folders from time to time at their environments, it is unacceptable.

BR,

NewCo ICT Security Services Ltd. / Sophos Platinum Solution Partner

• Hello Ferenc,

thank you for your support to challenge Sophos.

There is a beta bugfix now (cssd and smtpd will be updated manuelly by ssh), you can get it from Sophos Support. But, as I can see, you have to dispense with sandstorm, because Sophos engine has to be disabled (single scan with avira).

> several of our customers are experiencing this issue

Me too, all updated customer systems have this problem. And I always tell my customers first to ask us, if they should install the update, but not all do. :( Updating by webui is to easy, had a nice last week :(

Regards, Manfred

• Hello Ferenc,

thank you for your support to challenge Sophos.

There is a beta bugfix now (cssd and smtpd will be updated manuelly by ssh), you can get it from Sophos Support. But, as I can see, you have to dispense with sandstorm, because Sophos engine has to be disabled (single scan with avira).

> several of our customers are experiencing this issue

Me too, all updated customer systems have this problem. And I always tell my customers first to ask us, if they should install the update, but not all do. :( Updating by webui is to easy, had a nice last week :(

Regards, Manfred

Children
No Data