This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

High CPU After 9.310-11 Update

Has anyone else noticed a much high CPU usage after this update? Most of the time, our UTM's will hover around 15-20% but every once in a while, they will spike up to 85%+ and stay that way for a period of time. We also noticed that it's happening across multiple UTMs at the exact same time. Different clients, different network but a number of them spike at the same time. Anyone else had this experience as well?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Agreed with William.  The 40+% in "wa" (wait) also indicates that the UTM is running out of resources.  I would try going to single-scan, tuning Intrusion Prevention and other ideas suggested by the link in Sascha Paris' signature block.  You might be able to take enough load off until you can get a new SG unit funded.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • [...]I would try going to single-scan, tuning Intrusion Prevention and other ideas suggested by the link in Sascha Paris' signature block.[...]

Cheers - Bob

Today I set the sophos to single-scan. First feeling is that it is now better, but I have to spectate how it performs now.

Meanwhile I discovered that since we got the short full-loads with the UTM, mails received within a full-load ended up in quarantine with the reason unscannable - AV scanner unreachable.

Maybe anyone else who have this problems could check if they got the same?

Edit: after switching to single-scan, the memory usage dropped about 5% to currently 75% according to the web interface (75% of 2gb total mem).
  • Running 9.409-9 and having similar problem.  Hope someone found a solution.

Thanks

Reply Children