This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Security and Logs

Hi all,

After a turbulent few decades with Checkpoint, Cisco, Sonicwall and similar I thought I would checkout something else...

So here I am!  And it seems people are quite happy with Sophos UTM / Astaro - however, I would like to ask two basic questions; if they have been answered before please excuse me.

Firstly: Why would any forum in this day and age not allow (indeed: insist upon!) user registration and login (at the very least) to be via SSL. Especially, many would argue, one dedicated to security.

Secondly: What do people use for analysing logs; I can't seem to find something basic built into the product - does the manager have something ?  

Cheers[:S]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Cheers bob, apols for the fopar.

What log analyzer(s) do you recommend, if any ?  I see plenty around, but they cost $k's and I am not too sure of the licensing implications when used on a decentralised client base...

Hi, Splunk is free up to certain capacities, and if you Google for "splunk alternatives" you will find several free systems.

But try the live log filters first, as Bob mentions.

Barry
  • Cheers bob, apols for the fopar.

What log analyzer(s) do you recommend, if any ?  I see plenty around, but they cost $k's and I am not too sure of the licensing implications when used on a decentralised client base...

Hi, Splunk is free up to certain capacities, and if you Google for "splunk alternatives" you will find several free systems.

But try the live log filters first, as Bob mentions.

Barry
Children
No Data