This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Security and Logs

Hi all,

After a turbulent few decades with Checkpoint, Cisco, Sonicwall and similar I thought I would checkout something else...

So here I am!  And it seems people are quite happy with Sophos UTM / Astaro - however, I would like to ask two basic questions; if they have been answered before please excuse me.

Firstly: Why would any forum in this day and age not allow (indeed: insist upon!) user registration and login (at the very least) to be via SSL. Especially, many would argue, one dedicated to security.

Secondly: What do people use for analysing logs; I can't seem to find something basic built into the product - does the manager have something ?  

Cheers[:S]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents

• Firstly: Why would any forum in this day and age not allow (indeed: insist upon!) user registration and login (at the very least) to be via SSL. Especially, many would argue, one dedicated to security.
    Don't confuse this user bulletin board (which by the way is moderated by users like yourself) as any indication of the product. As far as I am concerned, any communication on the bulletin boards like this one, SSL or otherwise should be considered open communication. If the back-end is not secure the front-end security is moot. Heck, ask adobe how their ssl is working for their customers 
    Adobe hacked, 3 million accounts compromised | Security & Privacy - CNET News [8-)]

• Firstly: Why would any forum in this day and age not allow (indeed: insist upon!) user registration and login (at the very least) to be via SSL. Especially, many would argue, one dedicated to security.
    Don't confuse this user bulletin board (which by the way is moderated by users like yourself) as any indication of the product. As far as I am concerned, any communication on the bulletin boards like this one, SSL or otherwise should be considered open communication. If the back-end is not secure the front-end security is moot. Heck, ask adobe how their ssl is working for their customers 
    Adobe hacked, 3 million accounts compromised | Security & Privacy - CNET News [8-)]
Children
No Data