This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Security and Logs

Hi all,

After a turbulent few decades with Checkpoint, Cisco, Sonicwall and similar I thought I would checkout something else...

So here I am!  And it seems people are quite happy with Sophos UTM / Astaro - however, I would like to ask two basic questions; if they have been answered before please excuse me.

Firstly: Why would any forum in this day and age not allow (indeed: insist upon!) user registration and login (at the very least) to be via SSL. Especially, many would argue, one dedicated to security.

Secondly: What do people use for analysing logs; I can't seem to find something basic built into the product - does the manager have something ?  

Cheers[:S]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Zach, and welcome to the User BB!

Your first question is a good one. I guess I had just assumed that that password was sent encrypted. Did you watch the traffic and confirm that it was passed in clear text?

You can export the logs to a log analyzer, but have you taken a look at the reporting features?

Cheers - Bob

Sorry for any short responses.  Posted from my iPhone.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, Zach, and welcome to the User BB!

Your first question is a good one. I guess I had just assumed that that password was sent encrypted. Did you watch the traffic and confirm that it was passed in clear text?

You can export the logs to a log analyzer, but have you taken a look at the reporting features?

Cheers - Bob

Sorry for any short responses.  Posted from my iPhone.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data