This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Free Home User Upgrade to 50IP

Hello!

As our home-user base grows, we have heard your calls for the ability to protect more than 10 IP addresses. The amount of gadgets and devices in the average techy-home usually exceeds this limit. At Astaro, we WANT you using us at your home enjoying all of our protections for free so that you can keep your network safe.  I'm happy to report that the call for a bigger home use license key has been answered. We will upgrade all existing home-user keys by  tomorrow (October 13th) barring any technical issues we might have with the process. Some important things you should note:

1) All existing home user keys and home user keys created from this point on will have a 50IP address allowance. We trust this will be enough to protect your home-networks, and even allow for the LAN party holders [;)]
 2) This key change will be automatic, you will NOT receive any emails or Astaro UPGRADE keys which need to be applied to your home-use license.
 3) The key installation is NOT automatic, you WILL need to login to your my.astaro.com account, re-download your new home-use key, and apply it to your installation via WebAdmin in the Licensing area. If you have problems with it, post here and we'll help you out. 

Once the drones have finished the upgrade sweep tomorrow, I'll post here so you know it is time to go re-download your home use key, or create a new one if you've been waiting for a bigger license before you use Astaro Security Gateway at home. Note that if you go re-get or create your key before then, you will have to re-download it again once we've patched them with the new capacity.

UPDATE: Process is complete, new keys are issued and patched. Login to your my.astaro.com (or create a new account if you don't already have one) and get your bigger home use only key.

Enjoy the new Astaro Home User License!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Oh.
    My.
    God...

As William said, i was thinking of 25, but this is quite awesome! (And the rise in concurrent connections also, btw!!)

Thanks a frakkin' lot, Astaro [[:D]]

When I look at my new 50 IP license, I still only see 1000 connections... where did you see this increase?

By the way Astaro.... HOLLY MASSIVE IP'S BATMAN!!! [:O]
    Thank you oh so very very much!!!

ASTARO ROCKS!!!  I have built a nice little 2u rack unit for my Astaro.  I can't wait to place it fully into "production". Maybe I should get the cover partialy painted Astaro orange... [[:D]]

What does the ImP2p subscription do? (Home users do not get it)

C68
  • When I look at my new 50 IP license, I still only see 1000 connections... where did you see this increase?

By the way Astaro.... HOLLY MASSIVE IP'S BATMAN!!! [:O]
    Thank you oh so very very much!!!

ASTARO ROCKS!!!  I have built a nice little 2u rack unit for my Astaro.  I can't wait to place it fully into "production". Maybe I should get the cover partialy painted Astaro orange... [:D]

What does the ImP2p subscription do? (Home users do not get it)

C68

I got 32000 connections now maximum, you haven't?
  • Maybe  beta tester licenses have 32k connections, and the standard home user licenses have 1000?

Barry
  • Maybe  beta tester licenses have 32k connections, and the standard home user licenses have 1000?

Barry

The new beta tester licenses will have 100 IPs, the maximum connections are still unknown afaik.

The old power user licenses had 32,000 connections, though.

Regards,
    Bastian
  • hi guys,

there has been an error in the license upgrade process that reset the concurrent connection to 1000 on some licesnes.
    we will fix that an upgrade all homeuse licenses to 32K connections.

Have fun.

regards
    Gert
  • I'm also wondering about ImP2p, is this feature turned off in the home license?
  • Thanks very much for the upgrade Astaro most appreciated !!!!
    Was getting a little tight with 10 IPs :-)

All the best
    Silversurfer