This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Block Kazaa Upload

How can I block it?
I have only 300 kpbs of up-load for 7 Kazaa users.
It´s impossible to navigate when they use Kazaa.
Can I limit the bandwidth only for Kazaa upload?
Do I need to install other software under Astaro 4.19?   

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Well, what do you want to do?
    Block it or limit it?

Kaza uses 1214, so if you're using a good default deny profile, only permitting what you need (HTTP, DNS...), then it should be blocked (I can hardly wait until the P2P apps get big on using HTTP -then your HTTP proxy will have to drop it!)

To limit it, maybe do rules according to time of day? Look for other posts; it will take some CLI (command line).

QOS on Astaro works only for outbound; so if a peer wants to whale with bandwidth coming in, they will be able; there have been feature request discussions on making Astaro's QOS more robust, and debates as to how to do it...

• Well, what do you want to do?
    Block it or limit it?

Kaza uses 1214, so if you're using a good default deny profile, only permitting what you need (HTTP, DNS...), then it should be blocked (I can hardly wait until the P2P apps get big on using HTTP -then your HTTP proxy will have to drop it!)

To limit it, maybe do rules according to time of day? Look for other posts; it will take some CLI (command line).

QOS on Astaro works only for outbound; so if a peer wants to whale with bandwidth coming in, they will be able; there have been feature request discussions on making Astaro's QOS more robust, and debates as to how to do it...

Children
No Data