DC Migration Help

Hi all,

I have a 8 physical servers, 150 vms and 2 Sophos UTM (9.718-5, active/passive) in our DC environment (no vlan config, 1 subnet 192.168.1.0/24). We are planning migrate all the environment to new data center.I installed and configure new sophos for new DC (new subnet configured 192.168.5.0/24), but i am little bit confused for network setup. Some questions on my mind;

• Change/modify ip addresses of all virtual servers for new sophos
  • Manual copy all sophos config (ssl certs, nat rules, fw rules etc.)
  • Config new WAN IPs

What should i do for business continuity and smooth migration?

Thanks for all

• Change/modify ip addresses of all virtual servers for new sophos
    • Manual copy all sophos config (ssl certs, nat rules, fw rules etc.)
    • Config new WAN IPs

What should i do for business continuity and smooth migration?

- Of course, you will need to change the IP of the virtual server when the server is moved to the new location. I would migrate one at a time.

- You will need to migrate the used/needed parts of the configuration to the new location. This depends on your environment. You can copy and modify the configuration or create a new one... or replace the UTM.

- If you have another WAN at the new DC you will need to configure that as well... and all dependent services

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.