This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DNS suffix for L2TP over IPsec (Sophos SG125w - UTM 9.716-2)

We have our L2TP over IPsec doing RAIDUS with our MS AD server. 

The problem is when a user connects, they can ping the servers and workstations on the network by IP address but not by name. And when I do a ipconfig /all on the machine in question that is connected to our VPN I notice the DNS suffix is missing. If I add the DNS suffix in manually on the MS VPN connection settings and reconnect and very with ipconfig /all that it shows the DNS suffix I am able to ping the machines and or servers.

I have checked in Remote Access -> Advanced and the domain name is listed there along with the two DNS servers IP addresses (the IP's do appear in the ipconfig /all).

So I wonder if there is a config file in /var/sec/ that I need to check and possibly modify to force the DNS suffix for L2TP over IPsec to be our domain name?

Our domain name ends in ".local" I am not sure Sophos ignores .local domains or if there is some kind of bug they haven't fixed for years?

Thanks,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.