This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

from_date parameter in SIEM Integration API

I do not know how to send from_date parameter in url. The examples from the documentation do not work. Can someone give me an example? Thanks!

Here's the url I've been using.
"">api-{dataRegion}.central.sophos.com/.../events

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I asked this question in a AI helpdesk....will this help??

To send the from_date parameter in the URL, you can append it to the end of the URL separated by a question mark (?), followed by the name of the parameter and its value, separated by an equal sign (=). For example:

api-{dataRegion}.central.sophos.com/.../events?from_date=2022-01-01

This will retrieve the events that occurred on or after January 1st, 2022. You can replace the date with any other date in the format YYYY-MM-DD.

Note that the from_date parameter is optional, and if you don't include it, the API will return all events.

When you want to send additional information to a web server through a URL, you can append parameters to the end of the URL. These parameters are separated from the base URL by a question mark (?). Each parameter consists of a name and a value, separated by an equal sign (=). Multiple parameters can be included in a URL by separating them with an ampersand (&).

For example, let's say you want to access a web page that requires a username and a password. You could send those credentials as parameters in the URL like this:

example.com/login.php

In the case of the Sophos Central API, the from_date parameter specifies the earliest date for which you want to retrieve events. The date must be in the format YYYY-MM-DD. You can include the parameter in the URL like this:

api-{dataRegion}.central.sophos.com/.../events?from_date=202

• It didn't work. The documentation says the date format must be in UNIX timestamp however it doesn't work for me either.
    SIEM integration API