This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG 310 UTM - Can these Firewalls , be integrated in to the Sophos Central

HI Folks,

we have 2x sg310 UTM 9 boxes , we are currently moving over to central from sec,  and we have the sg310's and sec connecting through a group , in this group we have web filtering rules where we block websites . this is to provide the web filtering rule for the laptops that are outside if the Lan, we would then get the laptops to vpn in to the lan to get the updates

how do we replicate these rules on central? and what happens when a laptop comes in to the Lan, whos in charge firewall or central.

i can see that there is a part of the be integrated in to the  Sophos Central Firewall Management - Dashboard i may be able to add this in here. but not sure what the benefits would be.

1.could i add this firewall to central

2.would it work the same as currently working with sec, albeit that we would not now require to vpn in to the main lan

thanks 

james

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello James,

short answers: No + No.

Long answers:

1. For the SG / UTM platform there was SUM and/or iView for central management, no integration to Sophos Central. And this will not come anymore.

2. I do not excatly understand this: to me, "SEC" is "Sophos Enterprise Console" which means on premise Server, is that right? You should consider to migrate this to Sophos Central, then.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Philipp ,we have a group in Sophos Enterprise Console that connects to the Sophos sg310 firewall, this allows us to use the web filtering rules on the firewall and this allows us to get the firewall web filtering rules send to the clients when we vpn the clients in to the lan. and do an update.

• Philipp ,we have a group in Sophos Enterprise Console that connects to the Sophos sg310 firewall, this allows us to use the web filtering rules on the firewall and this allows us to get the firewall web filtering rules send to the clients when we vpn the clients in to the lan. and do an update.

Children