This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Free license uploading issue on UTM 9 (ASM software error)

Please any give suggestion

how can i get free license for my device. I want to use my device at home for study purpose and to do practicals at my home.

i am uploading free license but this error shown. I am not get this ASG 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • For an SG hardware device you need a hardware license code, which is not available for free.

The "home" license is software only, that is you can use an x86 compatible small system for a homelab. It has to have at least two compatible NICs, though.

Search inside this forum and you will find lots of suggestions for this kind of hardware for this purpose.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi Philipp,

doesn't the "trick" with removing/renaming the /etc/asg file (or re-imagiging with the Software-ISO) any longer?
    From my observations, all ASG, SG and XG devices are rather standard x86 units with just a fixed configuration (CPU model, RAM size, Disk brand) and the Sophos Serial stored in the DMI area.
    An SG105 has no LCD, so nothing special to worry about (except maybe the NIC order).

• It still works, friend of mine did it on 9.712 and has it running at his house.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• Hi Alan,

this trick works, I was just explaining to him, why he couldn't do it the way he wanted. because it is not menat to be used on a Sophos hardware appliance.

: try searching the forum for the workaround with something like "free license".

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi Alan and Philipp,

Here's an interesting, relevant link: ASG 425 Display with home license

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Reply Children
No Data