This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

behind RED in remote and local network?

Hello,

I want to use my NAS behind a RED15w from both my local LAN and also from remote LAN.

Remote LAN: 192.168.1.0/24
Local LAN:     192.168.4.0/24

The NAS should be available to both networks for storage and as a media-server.

I tried transparent split and I could set a dual-IP for a test-device, so it was pingable from remote LAN with 192.168.1.45 and also 192.168.4.45 from local, but for some reason the connection wasn´t stable.

Any idea, why the connection was not stable? or is it because of the dual-IP setting?

Is there a more practicable way to reach my goal?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • What is your goal? You don‘t need „dual ip“, what‘s that about?

can we habe a network diagram with ip addresses?

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• it should be something like this.. so that the NAS is accessable from both, remote and local network.. on a PC it is possible, when assign IP from remote AND local network to network adapter including Gateway.. but thats not possible on every kind of device, so also on NAS

The NAS should be available in both networks with 192.168.0.100 and/or 192.168.4.200

• Hi 6006,

That's the mircale of routing you need here: you diagram is missing the router (or gateway).

The router has to know of all networks "behind", especially to reach the NAS.

have a look at this:

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• ok, here way better.. local network stands for Router.. I thought RED15w would be the device to connect both networks, when in transparent split

Reply Children
No Data