This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM blocking Synology Drive file share links?

Hi folks

I have an interesting problem.

I have a Synology 1517+ NAS sitting behind a SophosUTM appliance.

The UTM has correct firewall configuration to let through key NAS services - admin access, file access, etc. Normally I can access Synology's Drive service (equivalent to Google Drive but running on my own server) outside my home network with no issues.

The problem happens when I want to share files from Synology Drive. The file share creates a link to the file as seen in the screenshot below. The problem is that this link cannot be accessed outside my LAN. Access outside my LAN throws a "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" error.

I have checked ports used by Synology Drive and it's all the same ones I already have opened. Given the issue only happens when accessing outside my LAN, I place this firmly at the feet of Sophos.

Any advice much appreciated.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The setup you are describing is a hacker's paradise. Are you saying, you are really giving direct access to all the services on your NAS-system from outside? With DNAT-rules?

I would highly recommend using a VPN-Setup for this kind of external access!

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• And I wouldn't want to give any advice on how to extend this insecure setup with any additional ports and services.

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

• And I wouldn't want to give any advice on how to extend this insecure setup with any additional ports and services.

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

Children
No Data