This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos AP15c - Bridge to VLAN

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and have basic network knowledge. Therefore I am learning / configuring my home lab with an Sophos SG 115 including an AP15c.
Everything is going well but I am not able to get the AP working. The problem is that I cant get an IP address if I use bridge to VLAN in one of my VLANs (107).

Situation:

-VLAN 107 is configured on Port1 with IP 192.168.107.1/255.255.255.0
-DHCP is configured for this VLAN starting from 192.168.107.10-192.168.107.100
-Port 1 of SG 115 is connected to a TP-link managed switch.
-Port 1 of TP-link switch is configured with default VLAN (ID 1) and is used for uplink port
-Port 7-12 are configured (untagged) with VLAN ID 107, whereby port 1 of the switch (uplink) is tagged in VLAN ID 1.
-AP15c is connected to port 7 in TP-link switch and is visible in wireless -> access points -> with IP 192.168.107.11

I have created a wireless network named 'IOT' which is bridged to VLAN ID 107 (bridge to VLAN).
The SSID is visible but whenever I connect I do not get an IP address.

Probably I miss something. Hopefully some can help me.

Thanks,
IOS

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • If you use "bridge to VLAN" with VLAN 107, the AP sends the data tagged with VLAN-tag-107. The switch has to recognize, accept and use the Tagged packets.
    I think that is not the case.
    If you want to send the packets to the same untagged VLAN that the AP is connected to, use Bridge to AP-LAN.

Greetings, Dirk

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Thanks for your reply dirkkotte. I configured the AP as 'bridge to AP-LAN' and I am now getting an IP address. Thank you!