This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9 SSL VPN + Open VPN Client

Hello Community,

I have a problem that i face the  last days. We configurated our UTM for SSL VPN the Connection goes over the OPEN VPN Client. It works all very good after some minutes  20-30 . The Client how is connect with the vpn cannot reslove a dns request . I can ping the internal Servers and Services but not with the FQDN. 

After i restart the Open VPN Client it works normaly againd. The tunnel is up and in logs are no errors.

I installed the Open VPN Client on a iMac and all have the same problems after a some minutes, the server/servies/name can not longer be resolved via dns but the VPN Tunnel is up and i can ping all with the ip adress. 

Do you have any suggestions what the problem could be?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • i foun something intressing after a while 20-30 mins in log from the OPEN VPN i see this event maclifecycle net_iface_en1 after his event i cant reach the server with fqdn someone know what this event is ? 

• Hallo and welcome to the UTM Community!

Please insert a picture of the 'Client Options' on 'Remote Access >> Advanced'  Also copy here the complete lines from the log including 10 lines before and after the one you mentioned.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA