This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DNS Server with Sophos UTM homeuse

Hello together,

I would like to use the UTM home as a DHCP and DNS server.
I have already configured DHCP. I use home.local as the domain entry in the DHCP settings. This is also correctly displayed as suffix in the Windows Ipconfig settings after a lease has been fetched.

In the DNS settings, I have already added the relevant DHCP range to the Allowed networks.

Assuming the client is now called HostXY(IP 192.168.2.152), I cannot reach it under HostXY.home.local.
The corresponding IP is reachable.

If I now create a static DNS with HostXY.home.local for the client, it works.
BUT it must be possible for the DNS resolution/registration to work dynamically.

What have I overlooked, what else do I need to configure so that it works properly?

Thanks a lot

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo Basti and welcome to the UTM Community!

If you have configured as in DNS best practice, and are still having problems, insert pictures of the Edits of the settings you describe above.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob,

he is looking for a dynamic DNS registration ON THE UTM, which we do not have there. This is not a full-fletched DNS-Server, just an "entry-model".

So: No, you don't overlook something here: you have to define these entries manually.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.