This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using Regular Expression for filtering domains/sub domains

Hello,

First of all, im sorry if this is the wrong section to post this topic.

I would like to know if it is possible to allow connections to destinations such as 'example.com:10995' using regex

Lets say i want to allow access to all connections to sub domains that finish with google.com:2500

So, 123asd.google.com:2500, etc
And there is a LOT of those sub domains so it is not possible to include one by one (More than 100)

123.google.com...
abc.google.com...

Its has to be something like 'Allow all connections that starts with *.google.com:2500' where * means anything.

I already know that i can filter everything that has google.com using regex on Web Filtering, (Like ^https?://([A-Za-z0-9.-]*\.)?google\.com/)
but my question is if i can do the same, or similar, in Network Protection > Firewall

I am also sorry if i did not make myself clear or you did not understand what is my question
I know how to speak english but since this is a very technical question i am not sure if i expressed myself well enough.

Im still learning english

Thank you for your time reading this,

Raul

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Olá Raul and welcome to the UTM Community!

As Dirk and Devesh explained, you can't use REGEX in network definitions, but you can use a firewall rule like:

Internal (Network) -> {port 2500} -> {142.250.0.0/15) : Allow

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Olá Raul and welcome to the UTM Community!

As Dirk and Devesh explained, you can't use REGEX in network definitions, but you can use a firewall rule like:

Internal (Network) -> {port 2500} -> {142.250.0.0/15) : Allow

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data