This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No update since September 2020? Really?

The list of CVEs concerning bugs in the linux kernel is steadily growing, but the rate of updates we're getting for the UTM is in steady decline.

I know that UTM can be considered a dying horse, but nevertheless this thing is still supported and should at least be getting security fixes. None are coming.

What do you guys think about this? Are you as nervous as I am? Or am I simply too nervous about this "well-hardened" security device getting hacked?

What firewall alternatives with a good security track record are you examining?

Regards

Alex

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

Would it be possible for you to share the CVEs that you're concerned about? I'd like to followup internally and update you. 

Thanks,

• Hi H_Patel,

is there any update? We are really concerned about the missing security updates as well. Feels like Sophos UTM has been abandoned despite of all promises that this platform is still maintained by sophos.

• Guys, this is a security appliance.  It's easier for the developers to patch a known version than to vet a new one.  I think they can apply many patches with pattern updates instead of releasing a new version.

I know there's a list of CVEs and when they were addressed.  Harsh, can you get that link for us here?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Guys, this is a security appliance.  It's easier for the developers to patch a known version than to vet a new one.  I think they can apply many patches with pattern updates instead of releasing a new version.

I know there's a list of CVEs and when they were addressed.  Harsh, can you get that link for us here?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children