This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wifi speed problems on utm 9.705

Hi.

i have a UTM 9.705 versjon up and running.

i have been using sophos for some time. and now i have a speed problem for my wifi.

I have a amplifi alien router NEW.  i have connected this on my lan. ang get poor speed download, but good upload speed.

I have a fiber connection 500/500. and i get full speed directly to my isp modem.

if i connect my alien router before my sophos i get full speed up and down. ( thats modem-router)

so my que is, is there a setting or something that is affecting my speed down on utm? i have gigabit lan cards innstalled. 

i have a home user licence on my utm.

Lars

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Speed is affected by your web filtering setup and the hardware you are using.  There are a couple of things you can do to help, but I would also try turning OFF Web Protection just to test it and see if that is your bottleneck.  Web Protection > Web Filtering > tick the slide to off at the top right.  Click 'Apply' at the bottom and test your speed again. 

If your speed is obviously faster, then you may have a hardware bottleneck in your UTM, which would most likely be your CPU.  You can also run the same test on your IPS, and if it's slow there, it's probably Snort and CPU.  Both are due to the filtering that Sophos has.  You can SSH into the UTM and run a couple of commands to help this run better, but I would check these out first and try it to see.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• Great suggestions, Amodin.

Lars, Do you have an MTU conflict?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Reply Children
No Data