This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

L2TP VPN Dropping Traffic

Hello,
I just found the discussion https://community.sophos.com/utm-firewall/f/general-discussion/115541/l2tp-vpn-dropping-traffic/416329

My problem sounds similar:
Sporadically the traffic through L2TP over IPSEC (Road warrior) gets lost.
Today the problem appeared:
l2tp tunnel (at client and utm side) was active, I dis-/reconnected the tunnel without success
the Clients ( at least 3 of 5) were not able to rdp to the internal terminalserver anymore

I checked with 1 client: no ping to no internal address,
of course also no rdp access to internal machine
disconnect/reconnect l2tp vpn: no success
timeout in nslookup (internal dns-server) BUT the firewall log shows successful Port 53 connect to the dns-server.
I connected this client via ssl-vpn-client => oK, everything worked (ping, dns, rdp)
I had nothing changed in the internal net.

Then I deactivated/reactivated the L2TP-over-IPsec remote access => oK, the l2tp clients were again able to connect to their internal ressources.

The only thing I found in IPSec-VPN log were messages: not enough room in input packet for ISAKMP Message
but those messages appear also now, when everything seems to be running normal.

This happens every 2 or 3 weeks, so I'm not able to test anything in short time.

Did anybody ever solve this?

UTM Release 9.705-3 at Sophos SG135
actual runtime: 44 days

regards

Uwe

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

The error message "not enough room in input packet for ISAKMP" indicates that the issue could be related to the MTU. 

Can you check the configured MTU on the WAN interface of your firewall as well as the client-side workstation and ISP. 

Thanks,

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

The error message "not enough room in input packet for ISAKMP" indicates that the issue could be related to the MTU. 

Can you check the configured MTU on the WAN interface of your firewall as well as the client-side workstation and ISP. 

Thanks,

Children