This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM replacement.

We’ve had a Sophos UTM in-place for 3 years, with Total Protect which gives web scanning, email protection etc. sg210 model

We don’t use the email protection.

Whilst the device has been very good, I’m keen to see what else people recommend.

We are Small business 50-75 users.

I’ve used Watchguard before but didn’t like the UI. I prefer UI over command line.

Our requirements are not massive. 10.0.0.0.1

Firewall Web protection Network protection

What do you recommend?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • If you are happy with Sophos you could of course extend your license for another 1,2 or maybe even 3 years. You could also switch over to Sophos XG which is totally different and gets much more feature updates. UTM is being maintained, but barely anything new gets added to it for the last few years. XG will most likely have better performance on same hardware.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Szia Nadia and welcome to the UTM Community!

Instead of extending your Total Protect license, it might be less expensive to just get Network Protection, Web Protection and Advanced Support.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA