This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't access external services from SSL VPN

Hello.

Now that everyone is working remotely I've encountered a few issues accessing things outside our network from the SSL VPN.  SFTP (SSH on port 22) is the main one of these.  It connects fine from inside the office but not via the SSL VPN.

When I run a traceroute to something outside our network on the VPN it uses the UTM as the 1st hop then everything else times out, as if it doesn't have a route out.

What am I missing?  I've looked in the firewall logs but there isn't a single entry for the SSL VPN subnet despite me creating firewall rules and enabling logging.  I've also ensured there is a masquerading rule but still no luck.

Any tips appreciated!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • OK, thanks for the tip, I misunderstood and thought it needed to be counted as a local network.  I have removed it now, and everything seems to be working as expected, but there is still no traffic in the firewall logs for the 10.242.2.0/24 subnet (just entries for hitting the admin portal on port 4444).