This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

This site can’t be reached Sophos UTM Webadmin

I am not a network engineer at all so bare with me. What would cause the webadmin for UTM be available for 2 of my coworkers but not me? We are all remotely attempting to connect. I can traceroute to the IP but receive the error when attempting any type of login with the browser (Firefox, IE, Chrome). I can confirm there are no conditional access rules to allow specific IPs or block others.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi  

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

Are you trying to connect to your UTM on WAN IP address? Or you connect to the remote access VPN first and uses an internal interface IP address? 

I would also suggest you check the web admin port. Are you trying to connect on the correct port? Port 4444 is the default port: "https://<Interface IP/hostname>:4444".

Thanks,

• Connecting via WAN IP. All 3 of us are using the WAN IP with :4444 but I am the only one who times out.

• in my view it is more reliable to connect to the interface via which you are connected.
    with VPN standard settings this is 10.242.2.1
    The webadmin maintains the IP's from which logins are permitted. this can also be the IP that a user receives when dialing in the VPN.
    I would look here first (management / webadmin / allowed networks)

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• You're not someone that should be logging into WebAdmin.  Get a consultant from your area to get you started on the right path.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA