This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multipath rule setup help

Hello,

So i have managed to get my DDWRT router working through a new interface which connects to a open VPN.

How can i force a particular IP to always use that interface?

Additional info, not sure if i set this up correctly:

Normal LAN is on 192.168.0.1/24 (DHCP Enabled)

New DDWRT WAN Interface is on 192.168.3.1/24 (DHCP Enabled) - The new DDRT Router gets an IP from this range.

DDWRT is running DHCP on 192.168.4.1/24 Network (This i did was for test), when i connect to the DDWRT Router i get internet access and also work via the PPTP VPN.

Requirement:

I need a device on the normal LAN 192.168.0.1/24 to be forced to go via the DDWRT and PPTP it is running.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Just further update to make things simpler.

I have made the ddwrt router on the same main LAN network 192.168.0.1/24 and has now got an IP of 192.168.0.250.

I have PPTP VPN on this working.

Is it possible via policy routing to force some device to use the 192.168.0.250 address so it goes via the vpn?

Thanks

Futher update.

I have this working now via policy routing, although i would have preferred using the spare Ethernet port i had on the Sophos UTM. 

• Just further update to make things simpler.

I have made the ddwrt router on the same main LAN network 192.168.0.1/24 and has now got an IP of 192.168.0.250.

I have PPTP VPN on this working.

Is it possible via policy routing to force some device to use the 192.168.0.250 address so it goes via the vpn?

Thanks

Futher update.

I have this working now via policy routing, although i would have preferred using the spare Ethernet port i had on the Sophos UTM. 

Children
No Data