This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

letsencrypt (dehydrated) integration in UTM 9.6

I am using a test machine to try the new feature of using a letsencrypt certificate.

It works perfectly fine, I was just wondering which email address was used for the letsencrypt account, which I was unable to find.

I found out that Sophos is using the dehydrated client and the files are in

/var/chroot-reverseproxy/usr/dehydrated/

which points to the account config to be stored in

/var/storage/chroot-reverseproxy/var/lib/dehydrated/

but there is just one ".rnd" file in this directory.

btw the corresponding crontab entry is

/etc/crontab.letsencrypt-renewal

and the logfiles are at

/var/log/letsencrypt/

So I thought I make up this thread to discuss the way dehydrated is integrated in UTM 9.6

Cheers,

Olaf

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Doesn't looks like files in /var/storage/chroot-reverseproxy/usr/dehydrated/conf don't reference an email either.

Also, as an aside, not all isp's allow inbound port 80/443. This of course is required for the LE challenge to be performed.  In my case I do have ability to have port 80/443 inbound open but chose not to.

Instead, I use the dns-01 challenge with dehydrated using this hooks addon - https://github.com/kappataumu/letsencrypt-cloudflare-hook .  This particular one is for cloudflare.  It uses your cloudflare api key to update the txt record during the challenge.

• Doesn't looks like files in /var/storage/chroot-reverseproxy/usr/dehydrated/conf don't reference an email either.

Also, as an aside, not all isp's allow inbound port 80/443. This of course is required for the LE challenge to be performed.  In my case I do have ability to have port 80/443 inbound open but chose not to.

Instead, I use the dns-01 challenge with dehydrated using this hooks addon - https://github.com/kappataumu/letsencrypt-cloudflare-hook .  This particular one is for cloudflare.  It uses your cloudflare api key to update the txt record during the challenge.

Children