This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

lets encrypt . UTM not listening on port 80.

2019:02:22-11:50:28 mail letsencrypt[8726]: E Renew certificate: COMMAND_FAILED: "detail": "Fetching xxx.yyy.com/.../oBxs84Bqjd5An0If3Hs2YNx8pBUTXCYn1aQmZJrc_kM: Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)",

I've already do 2 dnat.
one for a dedicated wan ip to the utm local ip 10.10.10.10 for all services.

doesn't seem to do anything.
then I did one for http redirect to 4444

or must i force the utm to listen on port 80 .

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi chrisloup,

I had this problem a couple of times, not sure of the actual issue as there were two completely different situations;

1. just registered a new domain - delay probably caused by let's encrypt not knowing it was registered

2. after updating to 9.6 this is the first item I tried to get working - this maybe because I was impatient.

my advice be patient with it so long as the domain is registered you will be fine.

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

• ok. so it seems the problem was with the interface. there is no need to do any nat rules at all.

a) I tried a different wan interface. it worked (a.b.c.57)

b) I tried the same problem one, it still times out without responding (a.b.c.55)

c) I removed the interface and recreated it back (a.b.c.55) and this time it worked.