This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weekly Complete Outage

Hoping someone may have experienced this and found a fix. We have a single customer that is having a regular problem. Doesn't seem to happen for any rhyme or reason. Basically all traffic ceases to process through the UTM. The Web interface is not accessible. Their VoIP phones and everything goes down. Their ISP's router shows up and is remotely accessible. Physical reboot of Sophos resolves the issue.

We've:

1. RMA'd the UTM
2. Updated to latest firmware

Sophos can't seem to figure out the issue. They think the new unit has a memory problem (potentially, they don't know and want us to go onsite to run a memtest). Kind of doubtful since it was just RMA'd with the same issue. Was hoping someone may have seen this before.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • One more idea:

I wonder if UTM needs to check in with Sophos on a regular basis, to re-validate its license, and they have a configuration rule that prevents it from happening.   I don't know much about the license enforcement logic, so this may be nonsense.   In this scenario, the device stops working because the license grace period expires after a week.

• One more idea:

I wonder if UTM needs to check in with Sophos on a regular basis, to re-validate its license, and they have a configuration rule that prevents it from happening.   I don't know much about the license enforcement logic, so this may be nonsense.   In this scenario, the device stops working because the license grace period expires after a week.

Children
No Data