This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Mail Manager: Denied: RDNS/HELO (HELO LP-SMTP12-01)

Hey there,

so basically I have a problem with receiving mails from our password manager provider.

The unusual thing here is that I don't get the kind of denied reasons I usually get, like when the reverse DNS is invalid or missing.

Instead I get the error message: HELO LP-SMTP12-01

Never heard of that error and couldn't find anything about it. Neither on google nor on sophos community when using the search function.

I can't set new accounts for the password manager without getting those E-Mails.

would like to tell the provider that there seems to be something wrong with their mail server configuration.

But without a convenient error message I can't really tell them what is wrong with their server or where to lock at.

Does anybody know what the error message "HELO LP-SMTP12-01" means?

Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Do you have Do strict RDNS checks ticked? Could be an issue with their mail server LP-SMTP12-01?

• Hallo Benjamin and welcome to the UTM Community!

It's difficult to interpret that without context.  Please copy here the relevant line(s) from the SMTP log.  Also copy the 'SMTP Hostname' from the bottom of the 'Advanced' tab in 'SMTP' or, if that is empty, the 'Hostname' in 'System Settings' obfuscate that by using domain.com, for example.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA