This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DHCP Server Bug?

On multiple occasions i've noticed the DHCP Server on the sophos try to hand out an IP that is explicitly RESERVED on the sophos. Is there a known bug on a bug tracker i can contribute to? 

The only workaround i've figured out is to turn off the Internal DHCP Server Scope on the sophos and immediately turn it back on so it flushes cache/appropriately hands out a different ip to a requesting machine as opposed to hammering a reserved IP down its throat lol

I've seen this across a few revisions, but the problem has occurred so frequently now that i figured i'd post. we are on Firmware version 9.510-5

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Jared and welcome to the UTM Community!

Unlike Windows DHCP, there is no such thing as a "reservation" with the UTM's DHCP server.  You must assign fixed IPs outside of the dynamic range configured for a DHCP server.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hey bob ive been a lurker for sometime and posted under other accounts for personal use :) you've helped me before and so I'd admittedly been refreshing this page awaiting your response :)

I had a long winded response but may have just epiphanied after typing it out....soooo are you saying the intent of the drop-down in the static setting pointing to a DHCP server is to tell the Sophos to monitor that server and cherry-pick the MAC address to give it whatever IP on the network definition that is set by me? Until just now I had thought the drop-down was so the Sophos would tell itself not to assign it but I guess it makes sense if you answer yes to my question above

• ROFL, Jared!

It would be nice if it did that.  When you set a fixed IP, you have to change it to one outside the range.  I like to reserve the first 50 IPs at least for fixed IPs.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I think you may have replied to my initial reply which I edited shortly after thanks for enjoying the joke before I deleted it LOL oh, if you scroll up and read the current post is what I'm guesstimating to be accurate?

Reply Children