This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Support and Licensing

Hello,

i am confused about the pricing and support/subscriptions.

I would like to buy a Sophos SG 210 with a "network protection" licence and some basic support. As far as i understood, i need:

• the SG135 Hardware => ~ 780EUR
  • Sophos SG 135 Network Protection (SG135 Subscription) – EDU / GOV  per year => 270EUR
  • Sophos XG 135 Enhanced Plus Support per year => 260EUR

We have some IT Knowledge, but would like to maintain and administrate the Firewall from someone else.

What does the "Sophos XG 135 Enhanced Plus Support" contain? XY hours of support? Or is this just some kind of account priority for support tickets and the time the ticket need will be billed by a sophos partner?

Could someone explain that support subscription part a bit better?

Thanks,
Mario

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Mario,

here are an overview about the different support levels
    https://www.sophos.com/de-de/support/technical-support.aspx

But for dedicated administration I would recommend you to look up for a sophos partner in your region.

Best Regards
    DKKDG

• Hi Mario,

i'm afraid you're confused regarding to the diffrent Sophos Firewall Products.

and you mixed differend models (SG210 / SG135)

you can not combine products of the SG-Series with products of XG-Series

in easy words: ;)

SG is the "old" Astaro UTM --> Network Admins Swiss Army Knife / old but stable

XG is the new and fancy next next gen Firewall

if you'd like to get a Sophos UTM (SG) you'll probably need the following items:

- SG210 Hardware Appliance

- SG210 Network Protection (1/2/3 Year Subscription)

- Optional: SG Premium Support - if you don't want to open cases yourself you don't need this. without premium Support you'll need to have a Sophos Partner as First-Level Support and he'll be allowed to open Tickets at Sophos.

if you'd like to get a Sophos XG Firewall you'll need the following items:

- XG210 Hardware Appliance

- XG210 Network Protection (1/2/3 Year Subscription)

- XG210 Enhanced or Enhanced Plus Support (for XG you need Support)

XG Support plans overview:

english version:

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/medialibrary/PDFs/Support/Sophos-XG-Firewall-Support-Plans.pdf

german version:

https://www.sophos.com/de-de/medialibrary/PDFs/Support/Sophos-XG-Firewall-Support-Plans.pdf

In both cases i'd recommend to get two Appliances to build an Active-Passive HA Cluster (no extra License Charge just buy a second Appliance).

Yours Lukas

lna@cema

SCA (utm+xg), SCSE, SCT

Sophos Platinum Partner

• Hi Mario,

dont pay for extra support, you don´t get it, when you realy need it.

If you ask here in the community, it´s more likely to get an answer.

• Hallo Jürgen,

In the USA, I don't ever recommend the 24x7 Sophos Support option because I want to know if my clients are having a problem so there's no extra charge for getting tickets open with Sophos Support for our customers.  Obviously, we charge for my consulting time when it's not a "break-fix" issue handled by Sophos Support.

In Europe, the system is a bit different, and if you don't have a knowledgeable Sophos Partner, you can't contact Support unless you have premium support.  Most resellers in Europe charge for that service.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

thanks for your responds. here in Germany my Reseller (Platin Partner) ended their free Sophos support for customers.
    I can only send email to the support mail of my Reseller.

For better support i should have paid About 1000€ / year, just to be able to call them and then they forwad the mail to Sophos (if they couldn´t solve this).
    2 calls / month

So i decided to purchase a UTM Premium support from sophos.

But UTM Premium support doesn´t help in a critical Case, i Need to wait About 1-2 weeks for help or Analysis of the critical Problems.
    One call in Februar wasn´t checked for About 10 days, then i closed the Case by myself.

Next time i don´t buy any support, it doesnt pay off.

Kind regards

Jürgen